Healthy Rivers Australia welcomes ideas for project collaboration - so if you are a community group, not for profit, company, school or individual and you think we may be able to help your project please contact us to discuss your proposal or complete our application form.
What type of projects do we support?
We support projects that focus on one or more of the goals of Healthy Rivers Australia, namely:
- Rehabilitation of wetland or river systems;
- Protection or recovery of native species that live in river and wetland ecosystems; and
- Education about river and wetland ecosystems.
How can we help?
We can help your project by providing environmental water from our Water Bank, to protect valuable environmental assets such as fish, frogs, birds or trees, or by providing funds for project infrastructure.
How do we decide what projects to support?
Project applications are evaluated for approval by the Healthy Rivers Australia Committee and an independent Public Fund Committee. For some projects additional approval from government departments may be required.
Projects are evaluated against criteria that include:
- whether they fit with our goals;
- the expected benefits of the project; and
- risks associated with the project.